What is the Scholarship Program?
The Ginny Patin Scholarship program was established to assist outstanding college students in
achieving their scholastic goals. This program is designed to interest and encourage young people
to enter the seed industry. Each year, three $2,500 scholarships are funded through contributions
from members of the seed and allied industries. It is our belief that everyone benefits from this
program. The students receive assistance towards attaining their chosen goal and the industry
receives the new talent needed to remain competitive in today's business world.
Awards based on the following criteria:
- Seed industry affiliation through internships, jobs, events, tours, or other CSA activities, FFA and/or
- Demonstrated interest in the California seed industry in particular and in agriculture in general
- Scholastic achievement and activities
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Financial need
A review committee of six members will read and evaluate the applications based on the set criteria
and vote on the top three applicants. The winners of the scholarships are announced at the annual
convention in March each year by the committee chair.
Who can apply?
- Eligible fields of study include, but are not limited to the following: Agribusiness with an emphasis
in Plant Science, Botany, Plant or Seed Physiology; Plant Science and Soil Science.
- Special interest in the seed industry is a plus
- High school graduating seniors, undergraduate and graduate students enrolling or enrolled on a
full-time basis in college or universities in the state of California.
How to apply?
- Instructions: Application must be typewritten and must be completed in full or it will not be
- Please note the criteria used in evaluating your application.
- Applications must be received by the CSA Office no later than February 1, 2023.
- Mail: 1521 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- FAX: 916-446-1063
- Email: email@example.com